Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Leaving blogger, changing focus

I've decided to change the focus of my blog, and so I'm taking this chance to move off blogger and onto wordpress. You will find me at:

www.thedeadauthorsclub.wordpress.com

where I will be participating in a classics challenge, and blogging about classic books and other books that were published prior to the turn of *this* century.

I have made this decision for a number of reasons. Being featured on the "sidebar" of the STGRB site, along with the Emily Giffen debacle, is pretty much the last straw. I am not interested in continuing to blog about authors who are being currently published. There are a lot of people who are fulfilling that function, and things have just gotten too stroppy and scrappy. I really thought that by blogging primarily about trad pubbed authors, I had insulated myself from the cray-cray. If Emily Giffen can lose her ever-lovin'-mind, then anyone can. Plus, there are just far too many really shitty, derivative, and worthless books being published right now. I prefer to use whatever small voice I have in the reader community to highlight books that are a bit older, but still excellent reads, that aren't getting any attention from the reading community in spite of the fact that they deliver something wonderful.

I am participating in a challenge where I will be reading 50 classic books in the next five years. This challenge is hosted by theclassicsclubblog.wordpress.com, a really neat blog that brings together readers who are interested in classic literature.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving blogger, changing focus

I've decided to change the focus of my blog, and so I'm taking this chance to move off blogger and onto wordpress. You will find me ...