Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Fifth of July

The fifth of July - not nearly so much fun as the fourth. Especially when the fourth falls on a Wednesday, which basically means one day off in the middle of the week. Although that one day off does involve fireworks, which, when there is a 12 year old boy in one's life, is monumentally awesome.

I got in lots of quality reading time between the barbecue and darkness yesterday, so I was able to finish off Grave Mercy - a very, very long book that I loved - and I started




which isn't nearly as interesting, subtle or unique as Grave Mercy, but it is entertaining so far, nonetheless.
 
I am behind on my reviews. I need to post reviews of:
 









and
 



I have also decided that I am simply not going to include plot summaries in my reviews anymore. They are boring to write, and, probably, more boring to read. The product pages always contain plot summaries. Trying to write a plot summary without spoilers is difficult, because I never really know what readers will consider a spoiler, since I am not a spoiler-hater myself.
 
I am going to try to update the blog every other day for the rest of July, and I have some organization changes that I want to make to the blog, including some posts related to what I've bought during the month. I belong to a wonderful kindle book club where the seven of us contribute $25.00 to the account and we end up buying between 15 and 20 books during the course of the month. My backlog grows bigger with every passing day. I'm so far behind, I'm sure I'll never catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving blogger, changing focus

I've decided to change the focus of my blog, and so I'm taking this chance to move off blogger and onto wordpress. You will find me ...