Saturday, February 18, 2012

Review: Play It Safe by Kristen Ashley

One of the amazonians loaned me this book, with the caveat that she didn't think that it was one of Kristen Ashley's best efforts. Having read it, I would have to say that I agree.



Overall, I would rate it at 3 stars. It is one of the least engaging of Ms. Ashley's books that I have read, although I can't exactly explain why. Gray, the hero, was really almost too good to be true, and the heroine, Ivey, was, for an extremely smart girl, pretty darned dumb. It had all of the usual Kristen Ashley ingredients: a couple of really unlikeable villains, some persecution, a fair amount of vindictive criminal behavior, way too many descriptions of Ivey's stylish clothes and expensive shoes, and the whole "star-crossed lover" aspect that is a common feature of the Ashley romance.

Play It Safe just felt uninspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving blogger, changing focus

I've decided to change the focus of my blog, and so I'm taking this chance to move off blogger and onto wordpress. You will find me ...