Thursday, February 16, 2012

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming for a political rant

This post contains a great deal of vulgarity because I am a very vulgar person. Continue reading at your peril.

How is it that I live in a country where a man like Rick Santorum can be taken seriously as a potential presidential candidate for one of the two major parties? At what point did we, as a country, head back into the dark areas where women's health is a political football, and access to contraception was controversial?

Let me say two things. First of all, to Foster Friess, who apparently equates being sexually active with being an irresponsible slut, may I remind you that married women have sex, too. Who the fuck are you to suggest that contraception is easy so long as I keep my legs shut? I sincerely hope that you never again find yourself within 50 feet of a woman who doesn't have an aspirin firmly fixed between her knees. Including your wife, you misogynistic jackhole.

Second of all, to the Republican party. What the hell? How am I supposed to take you seriously when Rick Santorum is taken seriously. The man said this:

“I vote and have supported birth control because it is not the taking of human life. But I’m not a believer in birth control and artificial birth control. I think it goes down the line of being able to do whatever you want to do without having the responsibility that comes with that. I think it breaks that … this is from a personal point of view of, from a governmental point of view I support that Title X,” he said.

Any asshole who thinks that my decision not to have a third (or fourth or fifth or tenth) child within my committed marriage means that I (and not my husband?) want to be "able to do whatever [I] want to do without having the responsibility that comes with that," can literally go fuck himself.

That is all.

1 comment:

Leaving blogger, changing focus

I've decided to change the focus of my blog, and so I'm taking this chance to move off blogger and onto wordpress. You will find me ...